Nevada Department of Education
Teacher Licensing Office
755 N. Toop Street, Suite 107
Carson City, NV 89701
The criteria are:
Only applicants having a cleared background by the Nevada Department of Public Safety and FBI will be processed.
- Hold a valid teaching license
- Complete a Library Media Education program approved by the board or regional accrediting agency
- Hold a Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school with a specialization in school library media
- Complete 21 semester hours in: Organization and administration of a school library; cataloging and classification of materials for a library; reference, bibliography and information skills; use and selection of educational media for a library; children's and young adults' literature; computers in the library; supervised practicum in an elementary or secondary school
- Hold a Master's degree in any field;
- Have met all the requirements for an endorsement as a school library media specialist, and have completed an additional 9 semester hours in curriculum and instruction, educational technology or information technology; and
- Have 3 years of experience in state-approved schools or accredited private schools as a librarian or school library media specialist.