State Department of Education
301 Centennial Mall South
P.O. Box 94987
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4987
Nebraska Department of Education: http://www.education.ne.gov/tcert/
Teacher Licensure Needed: Yes
Master's Degree Needed: No
Praxis II Library Media Content Test Needed: Yes, effective September 1, 2015 all candidates must pass the Praxis Library Media Content test with a score of 153. The licensure area is for a School Librarian.
Other Testing Needed: Candidates can become exempt if they have three or more consecutive years of teaching or administrative experience in an approved or accredited school with a certificate issued by another state.
Description: The certification is for a School Librarian.
Evaluation Process for Licensure:
- This endorsement shall require the applicant to hold an initial Nebraska teaching certificate.
- Concurrently earn a subject field endorsement
- Acquire 30 semester credit hours in Library Media.
- Human relations training is required by Nebraska statute.
- Special Education training requirement-This can be waived if you have the appropriate employment experiences which provided you with the opportunity to acquire the skills for this requirement.
Reciprocity: Nebraska follows the Interstate Agreement with the 50 states and the District of Columbia in the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education & Certification (NASDEC). However, one must meet the state's requirements for teaching licensure because it is not a law. Further information can be found at http://www.nasdtec.net/?InterstateAgreements. http://www.education.ne.gov/tcert/ & http://www.nasdtec.net/?InterstateAgreements. LMS Certification - School Library Media Certification By State: Nebraska 0